I've Been Tagged... A Lunchbox List

Thank you to both A and Ness for taking the time to "tag" me this past week. Normally I don't participate in these little Internet/blog games. It's not that I think I'm too good for them; it's because I don't like to bother anyone by "tagging" them as a means of keeping the chain forward going. However, because my "taggees" are friends and family, I'm filling this short list of items out. Then, as an additional step outside my normal habits, I'm going to tag three of the most untouchable people I can think of on the blogosphere. Why? To remind myself that just because I drive a mini-van, worry about the price of milk in China and suffer at the hands of two little girls, I still have a pair... for the most part.

So here are the rules as I understand them: No punching below the belt...

Actually the rules of this game are closer to this:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning (this is helpful as otherwise, no one has a clue what you're doing).
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves (it would be better to make up answers about someone else, but I don't make the rules... I only make fun of them).
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog (I'm going to do about 300 push ups and an hour of pilates so as to pump enough testosterone in my brain so I actually don't chicken out).
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer (Ness & A, consider yourself warned).


What were you doing 5 years ago?
I'd been out of the Army for a little over a year and working for a large residential homebuilder. Unfortunately, this wasn't a happy time in my life. I was 40 pounds heavier, my marriage was on a spiral downward, and I was suffering through a what was the begining of a major depressive state that lasted for several more years. My greatest joy, and the thing I focus on when I recall that period is my boys, Noah (4 years old) and Harrison (18 months - Sawyer wasn't thought of and wouldn't come into the picture for another year). My life wasn't always sunshines and rainbows, people.

What are 5 items on my To-Do List for today?

  • Write 5 blog posts
  • Provide several article ideas to the editor of Christ & Pop Culture
  • Apply for new job postings found in my email
  • Follow up on several leads for writing projects
  • Remove alien mold creature who landed his intergalactic Tupperware saucer in the docking bay of our fridge on 22 May (there was a government "cover up" hiding it).

What are your 5 favorite snacks?

  • Ritz Crackers with sharp cheddar cheese slices
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (must eat them 50 miles from home as Noah & Avery are allergic to all things peanut)
  • Edamame (un-shelled)
  • Haagen Dazs Peanut Butter Ice Cream
  • Newman-O's



What 5 things would you do as a billionaire?


  • Pay all the bills off
  • Set up a trust fund for all 5 kids
  • Buy a bad-ass place in Chicago
  • Invest a bunch of it
  • Start a charity for kids

What are 5 of your bad habits?

  • Procrastination (I was supposed to do this post last week)
  • Talking myself out of stuff (I don't think I'm gonna "tag" anyone)
  • Dental Hygiene - I have two cracked teeth and need to finish my last tray of Invisalign braces (see top of this list)
  • Changing the oil every 4,000 miles instead of the dealer recommended 3,000
  • Stealthily picking my nose and then flicking the findings without anyone knowing

What are 5 places you've lived in reverse order?

  • A loft in Houston...again (I like to decorate, hence the pics)

  • A condo in Fayetteville Arkansas


  • A flat in Chicago

  • A loft in Houston

  • Smallville (well, not quite, but it's home)

What are the last 5 jobs you've held in reverse order? (Yes, this is shameless self-promotion on my part, but I need to pay the rent)

  • Unemployed writer (when I get paid, I'm an 'employed' writer)
  • Consultant (I get paid for this... sometimes)
  • VP of Homebuilder Sales (Chicago)
  • Director of Sales & Marketing (Houston)
  • President of Builder Operations (Houston)

And there you have it... Boor-a-palozza. Now, to make good on my promise... dooce, Sweet Juniper, and The Pioneer Woman (There's no way in hell, but I gotta break the chain for the good of humanity)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads Section

Ads Section

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP